Fourth of July has come and gone, we’re in the depth of summer now. I made ribs.
It’s been the summer of biking for me! I found The Zissou at a garage sale and have been rocking it around town. Not every day to work, but at least one day a week.
It’s been the summer of Peace Coffee, where I bought their unlimited anything deal. They’re located on Minnehaha Ave, which is undergoing major street renovation. As in, don’t-drive-here-if-you-can-avoid-it street renovation. To lure in customers like myself, they offered a flat rate. I’m probably not getting my money’s worth, as I only go about every third day. That said, the flexibility of any drink I want is pretty sweet. Mostly, I love the excuse to wake up early and bike over before work.
Convergence is a Minneapolis area convention that has lots of drinking and cosplay. Alicia and I returned for our second year, it was a blast. Here’s a photo of my favorite couple’s costume, Waldo and Carmen.
Summer is here, thus the cats are out. Here’s Leela in a barely-feral pose.
Once again, I rocked the Pride Parade – this time it was TargetStyle.
Other photo-less updates:
- Good friend Carl Cooley got married!
- Work is awesome
- New favorite-show-as-of-late: Veep
- New albums being played in my house: Radiohead, Kaleo, The Avalanches, Mick Jenkins
- Old albums being played in my house: Father John Misty, Cake, DJ Shadow
- Speaking of music, Alicia and I have seen several musical acts lately! Violent Femmes, Tyler the Creator, The Kills, plus several random bands at the Kitty Cat Klub
- Back to running again, hit a 22:20 5k and a 49:50 10k. Ya know what? Screw running longer. An hour is a _really_ long time to run.
- I learned the value of white paint. The garage has never looked better, and it all it took was covering up some of the less clean spots.
I’m off enjoying the best months of Minnesota, hope your summer pleasant, to say the least.